Business Systems Analyst (Finance Applications)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job:
Uber is looking for Finance Systems Analysts who is a subject matter expert in Procure-to-Pay applications. The BSA is responsible for both supporting existing functionality and enhancements and must be techno-functional to be able to drive projects and assignments to their successful completion. The BSA will be a member of the Business Systems team which is responsible for supporting financial systems, troubleshooting and documenting software applications of varying complexity following the predefined standards and best practices.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the internal Oracle EBS/ Coupa global implementation rollouts and enhancements.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement and drive cross functional business and system requirements for the implementation and support of key financial processes.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, and translate business requirements into system solutions
- Document business requirements, functional design, test scenarios and scripts, and end-user training materials.
- Work directly with international finance shared services business users around the world to provide superior day-to-day application support.
- Provide research, analysis, and problem resolution including creating and monitoring service requests with Oracle/Coupa Support
- Support business users and help to troubleshoot simple to complex application issues and develop creative solutions to support business needs.
- Work closely with Engineering organization to develop and test system extensions, enhancements, integrations, and bug fixes.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Information Technology is required.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in implementation, development, process re-engineering and support of Coupa or Oracle EBS R12 suite mainly in GL, AGIS, PO, AP, AR, FA, CM and eBTax.
- Proficient at multitasking and prioritization of projects and support.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
- Understands technical issues and able to write SQL queries
- Knowledge of Oracle tools used to support Oracle Application development including PL/SQL, SQL, APEX is a plus.
Bonus points if:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users, IT staff and various levels of management; including experience working in an onshore/offshore model with different time zones
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment. Proven history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skill
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top