Business Systems Analyst (Finance Applications)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job:
Uber is looking for Finance Systems Analysts who is a subject matter expert in Procure-to-Pay applications. The BSA is responsible for both supporting existing functionality and enhancements and must be techno-functional to be able to drive projects and assignments to their successful completion. The BSA will be a member of the Business Systems team which is responsible for supporting financial systems, troubleshooting and documenting software applications of varying complexity following the predefined standards and best practices.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the internal Oracle EBS/ Coupa global implementation rollouts and enhancements.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement and drive cross functional business and system requirements for the implementation and support of key financial processes.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, and translate business requirements into system solutions
- Document business requirements, functional design, test scenarios and scripts, and end-user training materials.
- Work directly with international finance shared services business users around the world to provide superior day-to-day application support.
- Provide research, analysis, and problem resolution including creating and monitoring service requests with Oracle/Coupa Support
- Support business users and help to troubleshoot simple to complex application issues and develop creative solutions to support business needs.
- Work closely with Engineering organization to develop and test system extensions, enhancements, integrations, and bug fixes.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Information Technology is required.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in implementation, development, process re-engineering and support of Coupa or Oracle EBS R12 suite mainly in GL, AGIS, PO, AP, AR, FA, CM and eBTax.
- Proficient at multitasking and prioritization of projects and support.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
- Understands technical issues and able to write SQL queries
- Knowledge of Oracle tools used to support Oracle Application development including PL/SQL, SQL, APEX is a plus.
Bonus points if:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users, IT staff and various levels of management; including experience working in an onshore/offshore model with different time zones
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment. Proven history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skill
- Employees are given free & discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top