Business Strategy and Analytics Manager - Calgary
Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Business Strategy & Analytics Managers bring Uber's business model to life and are accountable for high performance service. This includes all the real-world, on-the-ground business processes and driver management that live behind the app, building the most effective, efficient, and reliable transportation service in the world.
This is an intense business start-up role that focuses on the operations (e.g. working with driver-partners, improving their processes and experiences, and efficiently leading a marketplace). Despite being a global organization, local offices maintain autonomy over their business - meaning you and your team are responsible for the growth and profitability of your local business.
What you'll do:
Be responsible for strategic decision-making, front-line performance, and everything in between. A mix of day-to-day activities and broader projects, this includes:
The core job...
- Analyze and improve performance metrics - use data to inform new projects or improvements to pursue
- Evaluate the business opportunities and challenges associated with operating in a regulated market - don't let red tape get in your way!
- Service expansion planning - lay out economic and strategic costs / benefits of growth strategies (e.g. driver incentive programs) and work with management to execute
- Liaise with Uber globally - collaborate with other cities or HQ-based teams (e.g., engineering, product), import and export best practices (Calgary is a leader in the region for experimentation)
- Interact with drivers - onboarding, training, solving day-to-day support issues
- Experiment - everything at Uber is on the table to be changed. The best ideas win.
- Expansion - be ready and willing to assemble a team and launch Uber or an Uber product in a new city
Additional potential specialty areas...
- Build driver community and dedication - resolve issues for drivers, negotiate strategic partnerships and driver perks / development initiatives, and expand our partner relations capability
- Safety and compliance - manage Uber's relations with regulators and insurers, work with Uber's policy and communications teams, and own national safety efforts
- Analytics - use our vast data to solve problems and find opportunities
What you'll need:
- Experience making decisions based on data, analytical thinking, and creative problem solving applied to human processes
- Hustle - ability to take initiative in a fast-changing work environment
- Attention to detail in a highly tactical, execution-focused environment
- A utility player - someone who can thrive when pulled in many directions; who is keen to do both big and small things that get the job done
- A real passion for Uber's vision - transportation as reliable as running water everywhere and for everyone
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- MBA graduate and/or 3-6 years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, business development, or a variety of other specialty roles
- Example backgrounds include: consulting, finance/banking, accounting, economics; engineers with dreams to apply analytical skills to more business and people-focused issues; technology or high-growth organizations with product or management experience; and corporate strategy and planning with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Fluent in French and English
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym & phone reimbursement, paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top