Business Operations Manager, Security
Urban transportation looked the same for a long time — a really long time —and we believe that with innovation and entrepreneurship, Uber can make meaningful changes to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of transportation.
Security is top priority for Uber. The team is constantly innovating in engineering & physical security, developing processes and policies to make Uber a safe & secure transportation platform in every city.
Security team is looking for a seasoned business operations professional to join their team. This person will act as a partner who can work closely with all the teams across the security organization. To succeed in this role, it is important to have familiarity with core business operations/ program management disciplines, people management experience, and be comfortable communicating through dynamic and fast-paced growth with ambiguities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Align functional areas with the security vision via OKRs, cross-team OKRs, and team updates.
- Partner with the leadership and their extended teams to drive the communication and execution within the organization.
- Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses required to develop recommendations. Lead critical projects based on emergent business needs.
- Participate in discussions to scope new projects. Partner with cross-functional teams on key business operations processes.
- Run core operations/business cadence. Establish and lead operating processes and tools for effectively managing the cross-functional initiatives.
- Partner closely across many functions relevant to the product areas, including Finance, HR
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Seek to understand issues, trends and perspectives that may influence the business.
- Proactively identify problems and issues across organizations and recommend and/or develop programs and processes to solve them.
- Will provide data driven, strategic recommendations to all stakeholders and partner teams based on analysis, experience, technical acumen and good judgment.
- Will never hesitate to roll up sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- 5-7 years of strategy/operations/consulting/investment banking or related experience;
- Experience in high-growth environment experience is a must.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Manage through influence and build relationships with leadership and teams alike.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top