Business Operations Manager, Security
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Urban transportation looked the same for a long time - a really long time -and we believe that with innovation and entrepreneurship, Uber can make meaningful changes to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of transportation.
Security is top priority for Uber. The team is constantly innovating in engineering & physical security, developing processes and policies to make Uber a safe & secure transportation platform in every city.
The security team is looking for a passionate, capable business operations professional to join them. This person will act as a partner who can collaborate closely with all the teams across the security organization. To succeed in this role, it is important to have familiarity with core business operations/ program management disciplines, people management experience, and be comfortable communicating through changes and fast-paced growth with ambiguities.
What you'll do
- Align functional areas with the security vision via OKRs, cross-team OKRs, and team updates.
- Partner with the leadership and their extended teams to drive the communication and execution within the organization.
- Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses needed to develop recommendations. Lead critical projects based on emergent business needs.
- Participate in discussions to scope new projects. Partner with cross-functional teams on key business operations processes.
- Run core operations/business cadence. Establish and lead operating processes and tools for effectively managing the cross-functional initiatives.
- Collaborate closely across many functions relevant to the product areas, including Finance, HR.
What you'll need
- A desire to understand issues, trends and perspectives that may impact the business.
- The ability to proactively identify problems and issues across organizations and recommend and/or develop programs and processes to resolve them.
- The ability provide data-driven, strategic recommendations to all stakeholders and partner teams based on analysis, experience, technical acumen and excellent judgment.
- A lack of hesitation to address something in a hands-on way.
- At least 5 years of strategy/operations/consulting/investment banking or related experience.
- Experience in high-growth environment experience is preferred.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- The ability to navigate through networks and create relationships with leadership and teams alike.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top