Business Line Support Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The LOB Team Lead is responsible for defining and leading our support strategy for a specific category of support issues at Uber. You will develop, recommend, and execute quality and efficiency improvement programs across a variety of support modalities. You will also be responsible for setting goals for the team and building systems to track and measure performance, all while leading a team dedicated to the driving success across our support network.
What You'll Do:
- Define and develop support strategies focused on improving quality and efficiency for any given line of business at Uber
- Lead a team of strategists and content generators to achieve your LOB's goals
- Determine measures for success and actively track performance, communicating results and progress to the broader organization
- Work closely with related Product, Ops, and Community Operations stakeholders to define Uber's policies on support issues
- Take a data-driven approach; conduct deep dive analyses to improve effectiveness in all support modalities for your line of business
- Partner with Training team and Agent Success team at large to ensure agents across the network are delivering quality support
- 2+ of consulting or operations management experience. Previous support experience is preferred. Already scaled and built a support function in a tech environment? Even better!
- People management experience preferred
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking.
- Comfortable with numbers. SQL guru? Amazing!
- A process pro. You'll be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You're excited about the opportunity to create and optimize support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing those processes.
- A leader. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of support agents, riders, and drivers. You are eager to build a team of specialists who will look to you for leadership and guidance.
- A problem solver. You'll see plenty of issues on a daily basis and need to react quickly to come up with elegant solutions.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top