Business Intelligence Manager - Indonesia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What you'll do
- Plan and execute analysis that informs key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, promotion targeting decisions, customer engagement programs, and more
- Own and optimize multiple cities' pricing and budget spending strategy to improve competitiveness presence and customer's satisfaction
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from small samples of data and continuously identify new ways to use our data to drive decision making
- Execute and own the end-to-end process of promotion and incentives with data visualization
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management and other vertical departments to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL/HIVE, R and Python is preferred
- Experience with common data visualization tools is preferred
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred
- Strong organization and time management skills
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top