Business Development Senior Associate - São Paulo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Do you want to be part of a team that's revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology? Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience across Brazil to help further develop Uber at the forefront of consumer brands for luxury, convenience and style across the region?
As a BD Associate, you'll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth business and shape and deliver on a grand design to create mind share and broad usage of the Uber mobile app among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key market segments to target, and driving the necessary business relationships with Brazil partners to: (1) accelerate growth in Uber riders; (2) increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber's profitability.
You'll also work closely with the Uber's operations, policy, communications and product teams in Brazil, Latin America and San Francisco to help evolve Uber's service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
You have an excellent ability to think strategically and critically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated portfolio of accomplishments in initiating and driving high-value collaborations with the largest and most important companies across the region, within the Internet and mobile spaces. A keen sense of ownership, reliably speedy execution, and initiative is a must. You are comfortable making sole contributions and working as a deal lead.
What you'll do
- Collaborate as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Leveraging business development networks and strategically help support policy and corporate development requirements working closely with regional & HQ teams
- Execute on Uber's top partnership opportunities in Brazil while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. policy, communications, product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner's business and use case
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of business development experience in the Middle East
- Experience with fostering, cultivating and leveraging effective and fruitful relationships at partner companies
- Ability to flexibly fuse business, planning, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as skill in leading others
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across internal and external organizations
- Fluent English is desired.
- A wealth of senior relationships with business leaders across Brazil's top companies
Would be nice
- MBA highly desired
- Prior experience with corporate development activities
- Prior experience working for a technology company
- Business development roles in the past
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top