Business Development Representative, Uber for Business
Come join our growing Uber for Business sales team!
We’re looking for an energetic and driven Business Development Representative.
This high impact position will provide lead development support to the North America sales organization through the development of qualified leads that results in ‘closed-won’ business.
You’ll will be responsible for conducting outbound prospecting campaigns (both call and email) and processing inbound sales inquiries to identify sales opportunities. Your day-to-day will be building rapport with contacts in an effort to understand where the prospect is in the buying cycle. This position will work closely with the Uber for Business Account Executives to ensure that the leads provided are properly qualified and will progress through the sales funnel. This involves gathering key information to update our Salesforce system and idenitifying next steps for sales or nurture marketing paths.
Successful candidates will possess a hunter mentality, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to contribute to Uber’s growth.
- Generating new business opportunities to fuel the pipeline in assigned vertical or territory and support assigned Account Executives
- Outbound prospecting via cold calling, email, and marketing campaigns
- Uncovering prospect’s business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities – highlighting the Uber for Business value proposition
- Researching and building new and existing accounts
- Conducting high level conversations with senior executives at targeted accounts
- Meeting or exceeding monthly quotas of qualified prospects and scheduled meetings
- Managing, tracking, and reporting on all sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Developing an in-depth understanding of Uber, industry trends, and competition
- Hit assigned Key Performance Metrics (KPIs): not limited to but including 80-100 outbound calls per day and at least 5 qualified meetings per week scheduled.
- Work closely with sales management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Collaborate with sales team to share best practices and make recommendations to more effectively close sales and ensure customer loyalty.
- Work effectively with internal departments to deliver the best solution for the client and ensure an excellent experience.
- Travel to attend tradeshows or other client meetings when requested or necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Previous high volume cold-calling experience
- Must be positive, self-motivated individual with a desire to learn
- Excellent written skills and highly articulate
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- Professional, determined, and results oriented
- Positive attitude, team oriented, and a self-starter
- Ability to accurately determine lead qualifications based upon established criteria
- Ability to learn key software applications
- Experience with email campaigns and Salesforce.com preferred
- College Degree
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical / dental / vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top