Business Development Representative Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Job:
As the Business Development Representative Manager, your role is to be a hands-on leader for the growing lead generation team. As Business Development Representative (BDR) Manager you will develop and grow the BDR / SDR skill-sets to help them progress in their sales careers and serve as the go-to expert in the sales organization for best outbound & inbound pipeline generation practices.
You will serve as a product and industry expert to help the business development team generate qualified leads, grow the sales pipeline, and ultimately help grow our customer base and drive revenue. As the BDR Manager, you will help all members of the team strategize the best way to target accounts and develop new opportunities for our U.S. mid-market and enterprise sales teams. You will provide the team with training and coaching to overachieve their quota and help improve outreach strategies.
This is hands on manager role; you have excelled at sourcing, relationship building, and lead generation and are excited to share your knowledge with the team. You have prior experience leading a team of BDRs, and have intimate knowledge of the challenges BDRs commonly face and how to overcome these challenges. You will be an enthusiastic leader who can foster collaboration and a positive sales culture.
What You'll Do:
- Recruit, coach, mentor, and motivate a team of SDRs / BDRs to help each individual overachieve quota.
- Drive pipeline creation through BDR / SDR team.
- Ensure both inbound and outbound leads are being qualified and pushed the sales cycle efficiently.
- Identify and make recommendations to help improve productivity, efficiency, and processes.
- Create, define, and document a repeatable scalable process for generating pipeline as the company grows.
- Coach the team on best practices for calls and emails
- Lead by example scheduling inbound and outbound meetings;
- Develop & maintain BDR / SDR playbook
- Establish 30-60-90 day plans for BDR roles.
- Create and deliver accurate analysis on individual/team results and maintain systems to accurately track and report metrics.
- Ensure a smooth and consistent BDR to AE handoff process
- Ensure team has accurate and updated Salesforce.com records
- Create cadence for review within team, conduct weekly 1:1s with each team member, and drive career progression paths for team.
- Work closely with Account Executives, Sales Management, and Sales Operations to ensure lead quality and quantity, alignment with territory strategy, and foster collaboration
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of leading a team of high-performing BDRs/SDRs in an enterprise company.
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Deep understanding of generating pipeline through outbound/inbound activity.
- Experience managing and improving BDR/SDR KPIs.
- Desire to continuously learn and improve processes.
- Consistent track record of quota overachievement as an individual contributor or, history of successful performance as a BDR
- Results oriented, metrics driven track record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and YesWare (mail merges/email campaigns)
- Ability to work on-site in San Francisco, CA
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top