Business Development Manager - Xchange Leasing
Uber is a venture-funded privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide. Xchange is a subsidiary of Uber, providing flexible leases to potential and current Uber drivers in the US. We aspire to lead the leasing and lending industry by providing our drivers world-class credit solutions, and are and will continue to expand at a triple digit rate over the coming years. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE
The Xchange Leasing Vendor Relationship Manager role is an opportunity to own key strategic relationships for Xchange Leasing. The job calls for a combination of creative problem solving, partnership engagement, understanding of auto lease economics, deal making, project management, collaboration leadership skills and hustle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help us build and scale a brand-new vehicle leasing company by solving problems and making things happen
- Example duties might include:
- Experience with all aspects of vendor oversight or alliance management; from contract development, selection, to performance management
- Accountable for portfolio oversight of delivery for strategic or emerging vendors
- Successful translation of organizational focus and strategic objectives to vendors
- Demonstrated collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and quality
- Serve as a consultant to support organizational decision making or strategic planning
- Creating creative partnerships with internal and external parties to make new and incredible things happen
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Bias to action – can make quick decisions and execute
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically, on your feet; we don’t have time for big “studies”
- Candidate should be excel-savvy and enjoys getting into analyses and numbers
- Not afraid to take a phone call with or hop on a plane to meet a stranger
- Must be willing to get hands dirty and get into the details
- Is excited and not at all intimidated by the thought of building something really big really fast
- 5+ years total experience, of which:2+ years in consulting, banking, PE, VC, or a hedge fund
- 1+ years working in a startup(s) or small company (~200 people or less)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA nice to have
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product. you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and. reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered lunch and free snacks and drinks
- 401(k) plan, gym & cell phone reimbursement, nine company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top