Business Development Manager (Strategic Marketing Partnership)
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology?
Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience in India to help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand for efficiency, convenience and style across the continent?
Do you have the creativity, experiential marketing and business development expertise, relationships and marketing knowledge to take an idea from inception through partnership and launch in a way that sets a new precedent for marketing partnerships and keeps Uber at the forefront of consumer attention and innovation?
As Business Development Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and work at the intersection of business and government to grow partnerships and directly influence the increased usage of the Uber mobile app among hundreds of millions of consumers and driver-partners in India.
Your responsibilities will include defining key segments to target, driving projects and maintaining the key relationships at senior levels of large institutions. You will a key driver in securing key partnerships that will enable Uber to:
(1) create new partnerships that accelerate growth in Uber riders and driver-partners;
(2) push the envelope for Uber as a marketing platform from music launches, movie promotions, game-changing on-demand activations and build Uber into a household name
You’ll also work closely with the Uber’s marketing, operations, policy, communications and product teams in India and San Francisco to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important institutions across India, within business and governmental sectors. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive an engagement.
- Develop and oversee the strategic marketing relationships with key India entities focused on national, multi-national and regional engagements.
- Forge impactful digital and offline relationships with top consumer brands and partners across FMCG, entertainment, sports and media
- Identify and execute against brand elevating partnerships and activations focused on turning Uber into a household name in the region
- Own the end-to-end partnership experience from inception, contract negotiation, execution and post-mortem
- Develop and maintain a strong influencer network to be leveraged across our marketing needs
- Build close working relationships with the city teams in order to help elevate local market partnerships.
- Manage the big picture, and the tiny details. You’re organized and always on top of your deadlines to ensure nothing gets missed. You also have an eye to the big picture and thrive on creating new ways to add value to partnerships. You’ll be making those not so obvious connections that drive innovative strategies and initiatives to grow our business.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Atleast 6+ years marketing and/or business development experience with strong experience in consumer marketing, media, entertainment and FMCG
- A creative powerhouse with a proven marketing and business development background. You’ll need to know how to break through the clutter and create campaigns that add value and drop jaws.
- High throughput. Your strong bias towards action helped you earn the reputation of someone who gets things done. You love having a lot on your plate and get energy from being busy.
- An intuition for people. You’re spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external teams, building and really cultivating new relationships with potential and existing partners and within all parts of an organization
- The athlete’s mentality. You’re an all around player, flexing and stretching your analytical prowess, pitching in as needed but also knowing when to take control and lead a conversation be it with an engineer, a product manager, or a C-level executive.
- Hustle is your middle name. This team moves fast and always operates in new spaces. You pick up things fast and run with them. If you need a ton of hand holding, this isn’t the job for you.
- Instinct for managing partners. You have a proven track record of successfully managing complex partnerships and you’ve helped cultivate new initiatives from these relationships. You have a sixth sense when it comes to partnerships and can effortlessly navigate multiple partner engagements simultaneously.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top