Business Development Manager
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology?
Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience in India to help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand for efficiency, convenience and style across the continent?
As Business Development Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and work at the intersection of business and government to grow partnerships and directly influence the increased usage of the Uber mobile app among hundreds of millions of consumers and driver-partners in India.
Your responsibilities will include defining key segments to target, driving projects and maintaining the key relationships at senior levels of large institutions. You will a key driver in securing key partnerships that will enable Uber to:
(1) create new partnerships that accelerate growth in Uber riders and driver-partners;
(2) increase supply available on the Uber platform via auto manufacturers and vehicle financiers
You’ll also work closely with the Uber’s operations, policy, communications and product teams in India and San Francisco to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important institutions across India, within business and governmental sectors. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive an engagement.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business team in helping to define the current landscape and drive overall strategy
- Leveraging business development networks and strategically help support policy and corporate development requirements working closely with regional & HQ teams.
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in India while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. policy, communications, product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience across consulting, investment banking or top tier company.
- MBA from top university highly desired.
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging senior level relationships.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, policy and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong code of ethics and sound business judgment is a must.
- Understand how to work efficiently and how to influence without exerting direct authority.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environmen
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top