Business Development Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The business development group is a high-powered team that builds and leverages third-party relationships to amplify and accelerate Uber's overall strategy and growth.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the definition of business development activities with potential to generate extraordinary impact across the organization and ecosystem.
- Identify and build relationships with potential deal partners.
- Pursue, evaluate, negotiate and ensure execution of top business development opportunities in the region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Review deal metrics and communicate impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber LATAM's senior management team regarding progress in the business development space.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
What you'll need
- 8-10 years of business development in the tech industry, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate M&A experience in Mexico.
- Well-rounded profile: ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Ability to establish, maintain and leverage effective and fruitful relationships at partner companies.
- Ability to understand and work together with operational teams; lead through influence, even in contexts of limited authority.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Fluent English and Spanish is a must.
Would be nice
- MBA from top university highly desired.
- Experience with corporate development activities.
- A wealth of high-impact relationships with business leaders across the Mexico's leading companies.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top