Business Development Associate - Middle East
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology? Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience across the Middle East to help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand for luxury, convenience and style across the region?
As BD Associate, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of the Uber mobile app among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key market segments to target, and driving the necessary business relationships with Middle East partners to: (1) accelerate growth in Uber riders; (2) increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber’s profitability.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the region, within the Internet and mobile spaces. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Work closely with MENA Head of BD and regional leadership to continuously refine and deliver on the region’s partnership roadmap
- Pursue, win, and execute on top partnership opportunities in the Middle East region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
- 5+ years of business development experience in the Middle East.
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging effective and fruitful relationships at partner companies.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Fluent English is a must. Arabic a plus.
- A wealth of senior relationships with business leaders across the Middle East’s leading companies.
- MBA from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a technology company
- Experience with corporate development activities
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top