Business Development Associate
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Business Development Associate will have the challenge to leverage third-party relationships to amplify and accelerate Uber's overall strategy and growth.
What You'll do
- Contribute to the definition of business development activities with potential to generate extraordinary impact across the organization and ecosystem
- Identify and build relationships with potential deal partners
- Pursue, evaluate, support negotiations and ensure execution of top business development opportunities in the region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.)
- Review deal metrics and communicate impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber LATAM's senior management team regarding progress in the business development space
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company
What You'll need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience oriented to business development in the tech industry, management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate M&A experience in Mexico - but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Well-rounded profile: ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Ability to establish, maintain and leverage effective and fruitful relationships at partner companies
- Ability to understand and work together with operational teams; lead through influence, even in contexts of limited authority
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Fluent English and Spanish is a must
- Experience with corporate development activities
- A wealth of high-impact relationships across the Mexico's leading companies
About the Team
The business development group is a high-powered team that we are building almost from scratch, with the potential of generating impact across the organization, through third-party strategic relationships.
Back to top