Business Analyst, UberEverything
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class customer support for all of our products is a core feature of our experience. Delivering the caliber of customer support we expect isn't easy—it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
The Business Analyst, UberEverything is first and foremost a persuasive analytical storyteller. You will leverage data to craft compelling narratives to inform and unite our worldwide Product, Operations and Customer Support programs to ensure our product experiences for UberEATS and other emerging business lines feel truly customer obsessed. You will be responsible for continuously improving access to the info our leaders need to make critical data-driven strategic decisions, be it planning their project roadmaps or revising their business models, process and systems to scalably improve customer experience.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Work with cross-functional global teams to gather information, build analyses, sell ideas and execute on key projects
- Craft impact and ROI analyses for projects and experiments focused on scalably improving the customer experience of our products
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional and global business leaders in strengthening decisions around processes, policies and service models
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or establish new processes
- Manage and execute strategic projects, requiring stakeholder management, communication and ownership
- Become a trusted subject matter expert for customer-experience processes and policies
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; high growth, technology, management consulting, business intelligence, or investment banking/private equity background
- Expertise with SQL
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Passion for presenting complex analyses to leaders in a clear, digestible manner to sell your ideas
- Self-starter attitude, and ability to exercise judgment and resolve difficult problems without supervision
- Comfort with ambiguity, plus the ability to prioritize and structure ideas into actionable plans
Bonus Points if
- Expertise, solid proficiency or desire to learn R and/or Python
- Experience working with support data, contact management analytics or customer insights
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages customer and partner support around the globe. The team you will join has one mission: Make Customer Experience our #1 Competitive Advantage. You and your teammates will champion this mission every day until there are no doubts it's a reality.
Back to top