Business Analyst, Uber Freight - Chicago
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As a member of the Shipper Solutions team, the Business Analyst will help develop the analytical framework that will drive optimization of Uber Freight operations. This person will work cross functionally with multiple teams throughout the business, providing insights to streamline processes and find opportunities for growth.
What You'll Do
- Write queries, perform data analysis, and create data visualizations to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed
- Analyze our existing customer accounts to determine areas for potential growth and operational improvement
- Develop dashboards and ad hoc analyses that operations and sales teams will use to guide day to day operations and process management
- Create customer facing analyses to show our customers what Uber Freight is doing to benefit them
- Analyze our customer's transportation networks and programs to show them where Uber Freight could help them reduce their spend and improve their operations
- Help to automate business intelligence processes and continuously improve data access and tools for both internal and external customers
- Manage and execute on strategic projects, including stakeholder management, communication and ownership
What You'll Need
- Minimum 2 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; high growth, technology, management consulting, business intelligence, or investment banking/private equity background preferred
- Ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data
- Experience using SQL required
- Experience presenting data visually and selling ideas to leadership
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Bonus Points If
- You have experience with programming languages such as R and/or Python
- You have experience in the logistics industry
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top