Business Analyst I, Comm Ops
We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide.
Our technology allows us to move the physical world: We believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
As a member of the Community Operations Team, you will drive the analysis behind company-wide decisions related to our community’s support experience. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive analysis on globe-spanning business projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative focus
- 2-5 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; analytics or operations experience at a high-growth company a plus
- SQL fluency required
- Experience working in a support environment highly preferred (contact management analytics, Zendesk API familiarity, etc.)
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Experience presenting data visually
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn)
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top