Business Analyst - Community Operations - Cairo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As a member of the EMEA Community Operations Team, you will drive the analysis behind company-wide decisions related to our community's support experience. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the recently launched Center of Excellence in Cairo by building state of the art tooling and creating insights for the site manager
- Drive analysis on EMEA business projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team in Cairo and Amsterdam to measure the impact and efficiency of our support
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or other field with quantitative focus
- 2-5 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; analytics or operations experience at a high-growth company is a plus
- SQL fluency or knowledge of at least one programming language is preferred
- Explorer mindset - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Experience presenting data visually
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top