We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Business Analyst will take a data-driven approach to informing decisions and process improvements critical to the benefit of our support organization within any given line of business. You will be first and foremost a strategist, using a deep knowledge of the product, a passion for agent success and customer support, and analytical skills to inform policies and processes that are simultaneously the best for the business, the agent, and the customer. You should have excellent analytical skills, great time-management and organizational habits, a creative and problem-solving mindset, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What You'll Do
- Push analysis on projects/experiments and use that to inform important strategic decisions improving the support experience for drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Work closely with specific Lines of Business to provide insights that strengthen decisions around process, policy and service model
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or establish new processes
- Create, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; high growth, technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background
- Skill with programming languages such as SQL, R and/or Python
- Experience presenting data visually
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
Bonus Points if
- Experience working in a support environment (contact management analytics and Zendesk API familiarity)
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver support around the globe. Our Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a business analyst, you would be ensuring that the teams are able to continuously provide premier support to everyone involved in the Uber experience.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top