Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Passionate about high-growth startups and have excellent analytical skills? Are you a demonstrated team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Are you passionate about to turning raw data into meaningful business information? We want to hear from you.
The Business Analyst will take a data-driven approach to informing decisions and process improvements critical to the benefit of our support organization within any given line of business. You will be first and foremost a strategist, using a deep knowledge of the product, a passion for agent success and customer support, and analytical skills to inform policies and processes that are simultaneously the best for the business, the agent, and the customer. You should have excellent analytical skills, great time-management and organizational habits, a creative and problem-solving mindset, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What you'll do
- Push analysis on projects/experiments and use that to inform important strategic decisions improving the support experience for drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Work closely with specific Lines of Business to provide insights that strengthen decisions around process, policy and service model
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or establish new processes
- Create, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- At least 2 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; High growth, technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background
- Skill with programming languages such as SQL, R and/or Python
- Experience working in a support environment highly preferred (contact management analytics, Zendesk API familiarity, etc.)
- Ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Experience presenting data visually
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top