Brazil Tax Coordinator - VAT
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is looking to add a VAT coordinator for Brazil taxes. This role will report to our Brazilian tax leadership and be the primary responsible for VAT/GST calculations and filings, indirect tax strategy and systems automation initiatives for the country. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Review the VAT (ISS, PIS and COFINS) monthly calculation and fillings
- Study new and current products flow to understand VAT implications (ICMS, ISS, PIS and COFINS)
- Work with tax managers in Latam to track tax costs
- Help customers understanding the taxation from Uber products
- Define and implement the indirect tax strategy in the country
- Track VAT/GST rules changes and impacts to the operations
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 5-8 years of experience in Big 4 firms with in-house background, ideally in Fortune 500, US based corporation
- Strong indirect tax knowledge, especially taxes on services
- Customer orientation: good communication skills and products understanding
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- Bachelor's degree in Law
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
- SQL knowledge a big plus
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top