Brand - Senior Strategist
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Would you like to have a role that helps to define one of the most recognizable brands in the world for years to come? Uber is looking for passionate senior strategists on the Brand team to help define the vision for the Uber brand and how that vision comes to life across key consumer touch points. This is a unique opportunity to create the narrative that drives the vision for Uber.
This person will be tasked with driving insight and clarity into how Uber as a brand goes to market. You’ll be responsible for everything from delving into user research, rethinking our positioning, defining key strategies for major campaigns to creating clear training and deployment plans that help move the larger organization forward.
If you pride yourself on being an open-minded & creative problem solver, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we’d love to speak with you!
What you’ll do
- Develop research and plan for positioning Uber in the market
- Leverage market intelligence and consumer insights to craft audience, creative, and campaign strategies
- Collaborate with local marketing teams to define innovative GTM strategy for product launches / new feature roll out
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional leadership (including Product, Research, Comms/Policy, Design, Marketing and more) to deliver world-class creative work communications that drive brand health, customer acquisition, and loyalty
- Act as a primary contributor to the brand teams learning agenda
- Act as global hub for all international strategy teams, developing practices that can be leveraged across the globe
What you’ll need
- At least 10 years experience in developing and managing brand products and promotions with deep expertise in strategy, marketing, research/insights, implementation, and analytics; advertising agency, tech or consulting firm experience desired. Two of three preferred.
- Ability to distill complex systems into insightful and focused strategies that have a clear bridge into creative and marketing product
- Experience in leading innovative initiatives that meet and exceed business and financial goals; critical thinking, excellent analysis, and problem-solving skills
- To be inspired by the big picture and unifying team members and brand marketing initiatives around core brand objectives and strategic goals
- A demonstrated strategic ability with skills in verbal, written, and visual communications
- Resourceful go-getter. You are committed to excel with enthusiasm and endurance.
- Open and curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots.
- The ability to display knowledge & rigor. You believe the best answer is finding the right answer, insight or audience. You are quick on your feet and have a strategic perspective that others rely on. You know moving fast is not a reason to lower the quality bar.
- Self-driven. Outstanding organizational skills; integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily and prioritize with skill. You have excellent program management skills and demonstrated experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- An excitement to help create a product with value. You understand our riders and make sure every Uber experience is excellent.
- Motivation. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team; you’re excited to dig into issues.
- Passion for collaboration. You’re willing to help out wherever needed including partnering with managers and various teams to resolve problems.
- Enthusiasm for taking bold action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top