Uber is evolving the way the world moves. We’ve already made more than 450 cities around the world better places to live and work by providing seamless and reliable transportation choices and greater economic opportunity. This is just the beginning and as Uber evolves, our brand evolves too.
The Brand Team is responsible for developing best-in-class creative solutions and telling powerful stories on a global scale. We’re looking for a talented creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, iterative environment and has the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and delightful illustrations.
What you’ll do:
- Produce beautiful illustrations that simplify complex concepts and express Uber’s product and brand stories to millions of people worldwide.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to problem-solve and execute against creative briefs for major campaigns, digital and print marketing communications, environmental experiences and more.
- Continue to push and evolve our illustration style to keep things fresh and interesting.
- Provide resources, guidelines and templates that empower colleagues, inspire and elevate their work.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience; Portfolio that exhibits passion for your craft and strong conceptual ability. Showcasing 3-6 years of relevant experience illustrating for a wide range of projects, including brand systems (defining and writing brand guidelines) and branded executions (web, print, product, packaging). Comfortable creating work in both Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Problem-Solver; you’re a user-focused strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Storyteller; experience with visual storytelling including editorial illustrations, data visualization, and/or animation
- Quality Obsessed; you have pixel-perfect attention to detail, explore and push to find the best solution, and are obsessed with the pursuit of cutting-edge creative work
- Risk Taker; you push the boundaries and are excited by a non-traditional approach to branding
- Ownership; you’re able to own a sizeable part of a project without much oversight, and you’re comfortable with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Highly Collaborative; you’ll work with all parts of the organization to empower and encourage the proper use of the brand; you’re receptive to feedback and direction
- Effective Communicator; clearly articulate your design decisions and you’re comfortable presenting work to cross-functional teams and executives
- Organized; you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your work
Perks of the job:
- Monthly Uber credits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Nine paid company holidays
- 401K plan, gym reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance package to fit your needs
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top