Uber is evolving the way the world moves. We’ve already made more than 450 cities around the world better places to live and work by providing seamless and reliable transportation choices and greater economic opportunity. This is just the beginning and as Uber evolves, our brand evolves too.
The Brand Team is looking for a Brand Designer to help us continue to shape the Uber brand.
Our team is responsible for telling powerful brand stories, elevating the quality of marketing, communications and product experiences. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team at an early stage, and the role requires passion for developing best-in-class creative solutions on a global scale.
What you’ll do:
- Concept, design, and evolve Uber’s visual identity as we scale while keeping the system fresh, interesting, and inspiring
- Consult, provide resources, guidelines and templates that empower colleagues to create beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions
- Be a source of inspiration and partnership for the global team; collaborate with other designers, producers, engineers, marketers, and others to shepherd the brand forward, and mentor other designers in the process
What we’re looking for:
- Experience; Portfolio showcasing 3-6 years of relevant experience designing for a wide range of projects, including brand systems (defining and writing brand guidelines) and branded executions (web, print, product, packaging)
- Problem-Solver; you’re a user-focused strategic thinker with a strong business acumen
- Quality Obsessed; you have pixel-perfect attention to detail, explore and push to find the best solution, and are obsessed with the pursuit of cutting-edge creative work
- Risk Taker; you push the boundaries and are excited by a non-traditional approach to branding
- Ownership; you’re able to own a sizeable part of a project without much oversight, and you’re comfortable with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Highly Collaborative; you’ll work with all parts of the organization to empower and encourage the proper use of the brand; you’re receptive to feedback and direction
- Effective Communicator; clearly articulate your design decisions and you’re comfortable presenting work to cross-functional teams and executives
- Organized; you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your work
Perks of the job:
- Monthly Uber credits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Nine paid company holidays
- 401K plan, gym reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance package to fit your needs
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top