Brand & Communications Editor
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is one of the fastest growing and most talked about brands in the UK. Our mission as a team is to define our story and bring it to life in the UK. As we enter our next chapter of growth this is a top priority for the UK business.
To make this a reality we are building a team of experts that can consistently create great content for our growing community of riders and partner-drivers. We need an editor to define our editorial agenda and work with our in house copywriter and content manager to bring it to life.
We are looking for people with buckets of ambition, a passion for their craft and plenty of hustle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define our editorial agenda on all content that goes out to riders and partner-drivers across blogs, emails, podcasts, video, in app communications, social, our website and one off campaigns.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that the copywriting team has best in class briefs for new content requests
- Oversee the creation of all copy that goes out to riders and partner-drivers.
- Oversee the creation of all agile marketing campaigns that are launched for our riders and partner-drivers
- Ensure all copy is bringing to life the spirit of the brand (in line with our new brand positioning) and leveraging consumer insights.
- Refine and iterate and the quality of our communications by reviewing engagement rates and qualitative feedback to continually raise the bar on content.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A love of great writing and content.
- Buckets of ambition, a passion for your craft and plenty of hustle.
- A natural gift for making the complex simple and the everyday inspiring.
- The ability to shape an content calendar working to key themes, bringing the management team on board where necessary.
- An ability to adapt to a new tone of voice, helping to define it and push it forward.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- A great portfolio of work.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top