Brand - Associate Business Affairs Manager
Associate Business Affairs Manager
The Brand team is looking for an Associate Business Affairs Manager to help us continue to shape the Uber brand. This person must be a highly collaborative and efficient communicator with Legal/ Business Affairs and Production experience, who is solution-oriented, and possesses the ability to think quickly on their feet.
Who we are:
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. We’ve already made more than 450 cities around the world better places to live and work by providing seamless and reliable transportation choices and greater economic opportunity. This is just the beginning and as Uber evolves, our brand evolves too.
The Brand team responsible for telling powerful brand stories, elevating the quality of our marketing, communications and product experiences. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team at an early stage, and the role requires passion for developing best-in-class creative and business solutions on a global scale.
What you’ll do:
- Assist Business Affairs Manager in preparing/reviewing contracts for integrated creative campaigns, manage third party clearances, and help solve legal and business production problems.
- Day to day duties will include:
- Assist in preparation and negotiation of releases, waivers, and select contracts through to execution.
- Liaise with legal to ensure all contract templates are up to date and build library of global releases.
- Organize, build out and update Business Affairs resources page for the Brand team.
- Liaise often with Extreme Reach to ensure talent payments are made on time, according to contract.
- Secure consent and clear rights when referencing third party assets within Uber’s marketing material.
- Assist in flagging potentially risky material and escalating as needed.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Uber Legal & Business Affairs procedures and policies.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience; College degree and 4+ years of work experience in Business Affairs, Legal, Advertising, or Production.
- Strong understanding of all types of production agreements and relevant terms.
- Problem-Solver; you’re solutions-oriented and approach new situations with a collaborative figure it out mentality.
- Ownership; you’re comfortable taking ownership over certain aspects of a project and not afraid to ask questions.
- Highly Collaborative; you’ll work with all parts of the organization to empower and encourage implementation of new and evolving processes.
- Effective Communicator; maintain transparency on workload while handling multiple projects independently and simultaneously.
- Organized; you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your work.
- Respectful; you can work cross functionality and manage up and down with ease.
Perks of the job:
- Monthly Uber credits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Nine paid company holidays
- 401K plan, gym reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance package to fit your needs
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top