Brand and Safety Analyst
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
WHO YOU ARE
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be scaling and building incident support processes for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others to adopt and utilize them.
- Data driven and analytical in mindset. You know data is a means to an end and know the right questions to ask to drive to actionable outcomes. You can explain complex analysis and data to a variety of audiences in a digestible way. You can manipulate an Excel sheet like nobody's business. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners experiences. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's users and should be obsessed with the community experience and laser-focused on safety.
- Cool and calm under pressure.This role will involve coordinating responses to complex and sensitive incidents. As such, you have superior organisational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You will use your investigative prowess and internal tools to come to the right answer.
- Wordsavvy.You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to our internal customers, or riders and driver partners, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
You work hard and smart and will take the lead in a minimally structured environment. You are flexible with your time and willing to travel in order to get the job done.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Scale and standardise the incident and safety response processes and policies across a complex and diverse mega-region (EMEA)
- Work with global counterparts to align and standardise incident / safety response work
- Drive communication of incident response teams globally
- Identify and establish key metrics to measure the effectiveness of the IRT program within region
- Support the Incident Response Team Roadmap taking into account the regional plans and drive innovation of processes
- Implement internal and external community safety policies
- Coordinate with our internal teams (Operations, Legal, Policy & Communications, Support Agents) to help resolve incidents to a high quality and timely manner while minimising inefficiencies.
- Demonstrated Data/ Analytics experience. Excel and SQL proficiency are a must
- R, Python or other programming languages are a big plus
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications or economics
- Prior professional experience with optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment while remaining calm and level-headed
- Experience working independently in a minimally structured environment
Crisis Management or Consultancy background preferred, but not required
- Employees are awarded Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
- Salary and compensation based on experience.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top