BPO Quality Assurance Manager
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy – it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
We’re looking for a rock-star Quality Assurance Manager that will drive our US and Canada-focused contact center business process outsource (BPO) providers to meet and exceed our quality expectations. You will work with the BPO QA teams to manage the quality processes, policies and systems designed to provide world-class customer support to riders and drivers partners.
You will also work closely with BPO Management and Global Network Team to ensure Uber as a whole is moving toward an enjoyable and effortless customer experience. This role will report to the Regional Quality Assurance Manager for US and Canada.
What you’ll be doing:
- Track quality metrics at each of the US and Canada-focused BPOs and be responsible for identifying support quality trends across the US and Canada BPO network
- Lead process standardization and best practice sharing in a dynamic environment, across multiple BPO providers
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on Uber’s quality assurance processes and policies
- Be a critical thought partner to the Global Network Team and BPO Management in developing a best-in-class experience to the customer
- Drive quality assurance excellence across our contact center BPO network
- Be an onsite presence at our BPO providers, focused on collaboration with Uber internal teams to optimize QA processes and tools
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Proven business leader with 3+ years of experience in customer support strategy or quality assurance and previous BPO provider experience preferred
- An entrepreneur; act like an owner and make decisions as such
- Self motivated with a strong affinity for problem solving, always challenging the status quo and never settling for how something ‘has always been done’
- Demonstrated success in using data to make customer-obsessed decisions and drive behavior change in support organizations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across multiple functions/teams
- Obsessed with Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- Prior professional experience with business process outsource (BPO) providers, process optimization, customer support strategy, or quality assurance
- 15% international travel required
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top