BPO Head, Community Operations - APAC
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life. We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role:
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
We're looking for an all-star business leader to grow and manage our Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) contact center network supporting our riders and partners across APAC. As the BPO Manager for APAC, you will be responsible for defining site and vendor strategy, and managing contact center vendor relationships across the globe, including procurement of services, vendor governance, service delivery, contract administration, and risk mitigation and control. The right person is ready to make tough data-backed decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed environment. You are passionate about delivering wow customer experiences, passionate about solutions, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- Entrepreneurial, strategic and a natural leader. You will own all facets of effectively managing the business relationship with Uber's customer support BPO and the daily activities of the help center. You'll develop and maintain strong working relationships with employees at every level in the company, as well as with the vendor to identify, analyze and solve problems. You will drive contact center procurement activities including vendor strategy, business requirement scoping, location assessments, request for proposal administration, and pricing and contract negotiation.
- Passionate about growing and developing the service culture within our network. You will be in charge of your regional BPO support organization and ensure there's no doubt that it's the best in the business. You're undaunted by the fact that the speed of our growth means that the playbook will need to be rewritten.
- Analytical and creative. You will know the numbers that are driving the metrics we use to evaluate Comm Ops, including speed, efficiency, quality, and thoroughness to meet performance objectives. You'll provide timely, in-depth and comprehensive forecasts, projections and data to the executive team.
- A role model for your team. You will demonstrate a management style that encourages participation and ownership, along with a continuous focus on action, customer satisfaction, support personnel satisfaction and financial management. You'll coach, counsel, and develop team members to position them for advancement. You'll conduct all business with the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Additional responsibilities include determining operational strategies, conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies. You'll ensure that riders and partners consistently receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support, and build systems to deliver it with hyper efficiency. You will be building and motivating a team who empathize with the problems that riders and drivers face every day. You love turning pained users into passionate evangelists. You will be building an entrepreneurial, high-performing and data driven culture that thrives on solving problems and eliminating the root cause of issues.
Additional experience and requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of support center management experience. MBA or graduate degree preferred
- An entrepreneur; you act like an owner and make decisions as such
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Strong communication, reading comprehension, and writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet deadlines in stressful situations
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Obsessed with Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- 25% domestic and international travel required
- Fluent communication in multiple languages preferred
- COPC Registered Coordinator certification strongly preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top