Backend Software Engineer - UberEverything (NYC)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
UberEverything will collapse the time and distance between everyone and everything they want. Right now, our office is focusing on delivering food, both for UberEats and large companies, in cities around the world. As the team grows, we will be working to grow the next generation of Uber's logistics platform. Define Uber's future by building it with us.
While Uber might be an established company with a well know brand, our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here by, working on a small team and being on the ground floor of something big.
What you'll need
- Have deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages and frameworks (Go, Node or Python preferred)
- Demonstrated experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Data-driven architecture and systems design
- A Github account with a great project
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top