Backend Engineer - Partnerships
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
The Partnerships Engineering team is looking for strong engineers to lead initiatives that help drive Uber’s most important metrics through business partnerships. We have brought the Uber experience to Google Maps, Facebook Messenger, Starwood and Hilton Hotels and many more. We enable users to take rides via Siri and Maps and pay with digital wallets such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Gift Cards. We build new revenue channels through Local Offers and Payment Rewards. We bring a magical experience to both riders and drivers with Spotify and Pandora. We help unlock transportation for elderly UberCENTRAL and have enabled donations to ourUberMILITARY partners.
The potential opportunities are limitless so we want you to be pumped about working with Fortune 500 companies, continuing Uber’s growth.
- Have deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages and frameworks (Go, Node or Python preferred)
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Data-driven architecture and systems design
Bonus points if you have:
- A Github account with a cool project
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Employees are given Uber credit every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is experiencing unprecedented growth and the we need great people who are ready to take the company and their career to the next level. There’s no better time to apply to Uber then right now.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top