Backend Engineer - Partnerships
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Partnerships Engineering team is looking for strong engineers to lead initiatives that help drive Uber's most important metrics through business partnerships. We have brought the Uber experience to Google Maps, Facebook Messenger, Starwood, and Hilton Hotels. We enable users to take rides via Siri and Maps and pay with digital wallets such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Gift Cards. We build new revenue channels through Local Offers and Payment Rewards. We bring a magical experience to both riders and drivers with Spotify and Pandora. We help unlock transportation for elderly UberCentral and have enabled donations for our UberMILITARY partners.
The potential opportunities are limitless so we want you to be pumped about working with Fortune 500 companies, continuing Uber's growth.
We're looking for
- Fast learners. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Boldness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You thrive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the API and service layers, you understand how all the pieces fit together (frontend, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Deep architecture skills. You know how to create highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, excellent documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team-that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details results in a delightful user experience.
What you'll need
- Passion for code that is closest to the business.
- The skills to go deep, but appreciation of the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we're all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top