Backend Engineer - Global Growth
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Global Growth team is dedicated to making Uber the best transportation network in the world. Based at Uber HQ in San Francisco and collaborating closely with our operations teams on the ground in Europe, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and India. We are responsible for all product and engineering improvements related to these regions.
Developing a product that scales while considering the regional and cultural differences of an emerging market is a unique opportunity. In just the last few months, our team has launched high-impact features like cash payments, safety improvements, and several partner integrations. Along the way, you will work with a fast-paced engineering and product team, and apply your skills to make regions around the world better places to live, bringing people and their cities closer together.
Ready for a new opportunity? Apply today.
What you'll need
- A Deep passion for emerging markets
- A feeling that the most exciting code is the code closest to the business
- The ability to go deep, but appreciate the opportunity to go broad. Uber has an amazing stack, and we're involved in many aspects: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field required
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Thoughtfulness. High adaptability. A willingness to learn.
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with data-driven architecture and systems design
- Familiarity with or interest in Node.js/Python/Go
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to create products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top