Backend Engineer - EMEA Growth
Engineering in San Francisco, CA
The EMEA Growth team is dedicated to making Uber the best transportation network in Europe, the Middle-East and Africa (EMEA), including Russia, Egypt and many more countries. We are responsible for all product and engineering improvements related to this region.
Building a product that scales while considering the regional and cultural differences of an emerging market is a unique challenge. Based at Uber HQ in San Francisco, our team has been working closely with our operations teams on the ground in EMEA, understanding the market differences by travelling to the region and doing user studies, defining growth strategies and translating such strategies into world-class products and engineering systems.
In just the last few months, our team has launched high-impact features like cash payments, safety improvements, and several partner integrations. Along the way, you will work with a fast-paced engineering and product team, and apply your skills to make regions around the world better places to live, bringing people and their cities closer together.
Ready for a new challenge? Apply today.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Engineers who have strong passion for emerging markets
- Engineers who feel the most exciting code is the code closest to the business
- Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we’re all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field required
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Intelligent. Highly adaptable. Rapid learners.
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Data-driven architecture and systems design
- Familiarity with or interest in Node.js/Python/Go
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top