AV Maps Engineering Manager
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
We are seeking a strong senior manager to help lead our self-driving vehicle Maps Team. Who can help identify the key open challenges, create a viable road-map and lead a team of world class scientists, software, and data engineers to execute on solutions. We also expect the person to be data oriented - i.e. be able to set up experiments that will generate the data to drive decisions. You will get a chance to use your skills to solve some of the toughest problems Uber faces in the geo-spatial domain using state-of-the-art compute infrastructure and tools. And all this while rubbing shoulders with some of the best scientists and engineers looking to revolutionize transportation at Uber.
What you'll need
- Experience as a technical leader and manager, leading multiple managers and teams of 40+ engineers for a minimum of 5+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Experience going through the full software cycle from requirements, design, coding, testing, rolling out to customers as well as best practices and continuous integration.
- Strong leader and people manager with experience in setting a strong vision/roadmap for your team with a track record of delivering results while growing/mentoring engineers on your team.
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex and ever changing organization in a hyper growth environment.
- Strong programming skills in either Java, C++, Python, or C#
- Experience working with web services and technologies.
- Experience with developing big-data processing pipelines over Hadoop or similar technologies.
- Experience with machine learning/statistical inferencing technologies such as random forests, deep nets, bayesian nets, etc. is a plus.
- Experience in growing and recruiting a world class engineering team
- Experience in mapping, 3D maps, computer vision, or computational geometry is a plus.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field preferred but not required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top