Autonomy Test Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
What you'll do:
- Review events encountered by the vehicle on the road daily
- Identify root cause and assign severity levels to each driving event
- Manage bugs through their entire lifecycle: filing, maintaining, closing
- Participate in software discussions and stay on top of all new features
- Compare on road performance to simulations generated using up-to-date software
- Generate reports summarizing and communicating software performance
What you'll need:
- BS Degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Unix systems and a familiarity working on the command line
- Basic knowledge of vehicle motion models (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc)
- Previous software quality testing experience a plus
- Able to work in an exciting environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top