Autonomy Test Analyst
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As an Autonomy Test Scenario Analyst, you will be part of a team responsible for building simulations to challenge the autonomy software in virtual environments and communicating system performance to the Autonomy Team. You may work closely with Autonomy Test Engineers, Autonomy Engineers, or Software Engineers to understand or build specific scenarios. We are seeking candidates who have a keen attention to detail and the willingness to dive deep into our tests and simulations to help us create the best AVs operating around the world.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Review events encountered by our vehicles on the road and scenario design specifications for simulation test creation
- Curate, analyze and communicate test results from simulated events
- Curate metadata describing how the simulation fits with the overall testing plan
- Participate in software discussions and stay on top of all new features
- Assist Autonomy Test Engineers track and update bug tickets
What You'll Need
- BS Degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with Unix systems and a familiarity working on the command line
- Basic knowledge of physics as it applies to vehicle analysis (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc)
- Previous software quality testing or regression testing experience a plus
- Basic data analysis skills with Excel, python, R, or other general data science tools a plus
- Comfortable working on a task that's repetitive in nature, while still ever-changing
- Strong attention to detail
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our teams of Test Specialists on Triage and Scenario Operations work directly with various autonomy teams to document driving events and then turn those events into actionable test simulations to verify improvements and track regressions of our software.
Back to top