Autonomy Systems Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
If you have a passion for proving robotic systems then Uber needs you to join our team, testing the most advanced automotive technologies that we can dream up. We're taking on high precision mapping, automotive safety devices, and autonomy. This is your chance to develop cutting-edge testing technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world!
What you'll need
- Systems engineering of robotic systems with strength in testing
- V&V experience to establish test coverage and traceability
- Skilled at developing test plans and designing large scale integration tests
- Enjoy working with development engineers, research scientists, simulation, and physical test teams
- Analysis of test results and automated reporting systems
- Knowledge of computer vision, sensor/calibration, perception algorithms, machine learning, and mapping
- A PhD or MS in a robotics related discipline
- Demonstrable testing acumen of large robotic systems
- A strong quantitative background
- Software development skills in one or more of C, C++, or Python
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Prior work in automotive applications and/or Systems Engineering is a plus!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top