Autonomy Systems Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We're building a multi-disciplinary team devoted to building distributed ML systems for our autonomy pipelines. Can you help our team develop state of the art robotics autonomy with perception, prediction, and motion planning systems for a self-driving vehicle? You will work with a team of experts to develop and automate sensor data extraction, metrics and analysis pipelines, ML training and inference, system optimizations, GPU development, and embedded performance optimizations. It takes a wide range of talent to scale our production system.
What you'll do
- Develop infrastructure systems that support training and evaluation of deep learning and other ML algorithms used by self-driving vehicles
- Improve the performance, reliability, and automation of autonomy pipelines that perform ML and data analysis
- Working closely with senior ML researchers and engineers in autonomy
What you'll need
- Degree from a leading university in an engineering or computer science related discipline or equivalent work experience -- positions are available at the PhD, MS, and BS levels
- Software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience building distributed computer systems and/or performing large-scale data analysis and visualization (e.g., Spark, Hadoop)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of computer vision and machine learning fundamentals, especially deep learning, are a plus
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top