Autonomous Systems Integration Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for delivering autonomous driving capabilities for UATG's trucking program by bringing hardware and software together. The team is seeking an Autonomous Systems Integration Engineer to develop and integrate safety-critical systems necessary for autonomy.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the TeamWhat You'll Do
As an autonomous systems integration engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing safety-critical functions related to fault handling, state management, and system redundancy
- Authoring and managing functional requirements through the entire product lifecycle
- Designing and executing validation activities for embedded software functionality
- Developing tools for hardware and software validation
- Supplier management for the delivery of externally-developed hardware and embedded SW
What You'll Need
- Deep expertise in the design and architecture of safety-critical systems
- Deep expertise in system analysis tools (DFMEA, HARA, FTA, etc)
- Expertise in control theory, including kalman filtering, pose estimation, and inertial measurement
- Expertise in system design (states, boundaries, transitions, block diagrams)
- Expertise in hardware design for safety-critical applications
Bonus Points If
- Prior experience as an embedded software developer
- Prior experience with commercial vehicles and/or articulated systems
- Experience with system modeling tools such as SysML
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM's at scale.
Back to top