Automotive Class-A Surface Designer (ALIAS)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
UATG is hiring highly skilled engineers who have great attention to detail, are experts solving problems, have a deep passion for cars, and will maintain a calm professional attitude under all situations. Travel to various locations will be required.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with packaging engineers and concept designers to accelerate innovation in human transportation
- Develop Alias surfacing for interior and exterior transportation development
- Provide rapid design modeling support for parallel concept development
- Prepare concept models for mockups and prototypes via 3D printing, milling etc.
- Bring concept models into visualization pipeline to support design presentations
- Take chosen concepts through Class-A surfacing process and release
- Develop B-side and tooling models as needed for prototype manufacturing
- Support multiple programs with aggressive deliverables schedules
- Manage versioning of parts in collaboration with studio engineers
- Create and maintain CAD data and visualization libraries
What You'll Need
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience at an OEM design studio or Tier 1 supplier design team
- Minimum 10 years experience using Alias tools for vehicle design
- Experience using Modo or other sub-D tools for vehicle design
- Deep knowledge of automotive development processes, along with the complex criteria involved
- Some proficiency in digital rendering and animation technology such as Keyshot, V-red, Maya, V-ray
- Where possible some proficiency in VR visualization tools such as Unreal Engine, Xunity, Oculus, and Vive
- A can-do customer service attitude with abilities to multi-task under pressure in an unstructured environment
- Outstanding communication and people skill
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM's at scale.
Back to top