Automotive Class-A Surface Designer (ALIAS)
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world.
Do you enjoy technology? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of good ideas to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring highly skilled mechanical engineers who have great attention to detail, are experts solving problems, have a deep passion for cars, and will maintain a calm professional attitude under all situations. Travel to various locations will be required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with packaging engineers and concept designers to accelerate innovation in human transportation
- Develop Alias surfacing for interior and exterior transportation development
- Provide rapid design modeling support for parallel concept development
- Prepare concept models for mockups and prototypes via 3D printing, milling etc.
- Bring concept models into visualisation pipeline to support design presentations
- Take chosen concepts through Class-A surfacing process and release
- Develop B-side and tooling models as needed for prototype manufacturing
- Support multiple programs with aggressive deliverables schedules
- Manage versioning of parts in collaboration with studio engineers
- Create and maintain CAD data and visualisation libraries
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience at an OEM design studio or Tier 1 supplier design team
- Minimum 10 years experience using Alias tools for vehicle design
- Experience using Modo or other sub-D tools for vehicle design
- Deep knowledge of automotive development processes, along with the complex criteria involved
- Some proficiency in digital rendering and animation technology such as Keyshot, V-red, Maya, V-ray
- Where possible some proficiency in VR visualisation tools such as Unreal Engine, Xunity, Oculus, and Vive
- A can-do customer service attitude with abilities to multi-task under pressure in an unstructured environment
- Outstanding communication and people skill
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top