Associate Sales Manager, UberEATS - New York City
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role:
UberEATS is seeking a sales manager to lead our sales representatives - someone who does this with both short and long-term market goals in mind, ensuring the right people and processes are in place to get there. You'll work closely with general managers, sales operations, and marketing to support processes that scale and innovate UberEATS sales from the ground up.
What you'll do:
- Sales managers oversee a number of representatives within our key markets, focusing on the following core responsibilities
- People management: Manage and cultivate highly successful and engaged representatives who make things happen. Monitor, evaluate, and develop the performance of individuals on your teams.
- Best-in-class sales: Drive your reps towards short and long-term market goals for your city, ensuring the right people and processes are in place to get there.
- Local / regional collaboration: Facilitate focused and productive communication and collaboration among your reps and between your reps/cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate closely with sales operations and city operations to identify, develop, and drive adoption of standard methodologies for long-term growth across your city and others.
- Manage a successful sales team responsible for exceeding sales critical metrics by observing sales behavior to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement
- Balance corrective with positive feedback to ensure guidance and performance improvement
- Validate that your reps have working pipeline to meet business targets
- Be a thought partner to the General Manager in regards to sales, restaurant partnerships, and local diner acquisition.
- Collaborate closely with sales operations to analyze results and identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and programs.
What you'll need:
- 4 years of experience in marketing, lead generation, sales development, sales or relevant sales experience.
- 2+ years of proven leadership and staff development skills, including building and managing a team.
- Inside sales / sales experience required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top