Associate Recruiting Coordinator Team Lead
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market, is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience requires tremendous hustle, and a critical eye for quality -- and we're hiring an RC Specialist who has the same traits.
In this role, you will lead the Tech Recruiting Coordinator team, who are passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The right person will thrive in a data driven, "all hands on deck" environment, loves finding solutions to problems and can move quickly as a builder and do'er in a startup culture.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Tech Recruiting Coordinators responsible for supporting recruiters and hiring managers with recruiting processes which includes scheduling interviews, organizing candidate travel arrangements, reserving conference rooms, working with administrative assistants, and hosting candidates when they come onsite
- Handle escalated employee issues from business leaders
- Continuously coach and develop the team to ensure goals are met
- Partner with Tech Recruiting leaders to ensure we are supporting them with bringing in great talent
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep the Tech Recruiting Coordinator team scale with Uber's growth
- Know the numbers – drive the metrics we use to evaluate RCs, including volume, speed, efficiency, and qualip>
- Set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business / human resources
- 3+ years of prior experience in a data driven organization leading support organizations/ consulting/HR operations role. Prior people management experience is a plus.
- Execution focus - you drive towards results and can roll up your sleeves to get things done, both individually and with your team
- Self-starter attitude - you tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered
- Optimistic leadership - you can serve as the guiding light for your team, through all types of situations
- Natural curiosity - you're innovative, creative, and constantly looking for opportunities to tweak and optimize processes
- Customer focus - you are obsessed about our customer (the Uber employee) experience and can handle basic inquiries, and escalated requests
- Project Management Skills - you can organize anything, and keep several balls in the air implementing new projects, supporting employees, and assisting your team at the same time
- Experience with ICIMS is an extra bonus, though not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top