Associate HR Business Partner, Andean Region
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Associate HR Business Partner will provide support to the Andean Region. The right person takes initiative, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly. This role is all about partnering with the business leaders and our global people and places teams to execute our people strategy in the region, and enriching the support structure for management. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help create programs and processes from scratch.
What You'll Do
- Partner with your clients to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
- Build all HR Processes from scratch and connect the business with HR centers of expertise
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate
- Be knowledgeable about our business
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of HRBP experience
- Strong understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- Experience providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Familiarity with global HR practices and policies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Full professional proficiency in Spanish and English is required
About the Team
At Uber, we are proud of the excellent team we've developed. The driver behind all our growth, our innovative brand, and the technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top