Associate General Counsel, APAC
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Seven years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It’s carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we’ve proven you can reduce congestion and pollution over time. uberPOOL has in just 7 months into 2016 cut the number of miles driven by 312,344,908 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 55,560 metric tons.
We’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes, 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. We’re looking for smart, can do people who want to make that future possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Based in Singapore you will work closely with the General Counsel on regulatory, litigation, general commercial transactions, employment, tax and other business issues impacting the Uber entities in the APAC region.
- Be an active partner to internal business groups on rolling out and growing Uber’s business in APAC.
- Manage, grow and mentor a legal team of 20+
WHAT YOU ARE
- 15+ years of experience as a Partner in a mid to large size law firm or AGC (or equivalent) in house corporate legal department
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Substantive knowledge and expertise in corporate matters
- Enjoy working in a fast-spaced environment for a company with operations around the world
- Fluent in written and spoken English; language skills in additional Asian languages preferred
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top