UBER ASSOCIATE FILMMAKER
The Uber Associate Filmmaker is an entry level role that supports the filmmakers & producers on the Uber Film team. The Associate Filmmaker will assist in all stages of content production – from concepting to completion and delivery. They will play a wide variety of roles on shoots, assist the senior editors during post, lead and own smaller scale projects, and help maintain the production gear and infrastructure.
On a typical day you’ll:
- Assist a shoot by prepping gear, shooting 2nd camera, and managing media.
- Help develop concepts for a team’s training video series.
- Support a senior filmmaker in finding stock footage or shooting additional scenes.
- Edit an animatic video for a creative concepting presentation.
- Source and aggregate rider footage from our content library.
- Edit first pass assemblies and roughcuts for senior filmmaker.
- Collaborate with production supervisor to revise a video from a city team.
- Shoot/Edit interviews with senior leadership for a Comms/Policy video.
Your key functions include:
- Support filmmakers and producers in all aspects of production/post projects.
- Shoot/Edit/Motion small to mid-size projects.
- Assist with managing the production gear and infrastructure.
- Source stock footage and music.
- Assist in managing video server and digital asset management system.
Your areas of responsibility include:
- Assist with pre-pro concepting/scripting/storyboarding.
- Help maintain and prep production gear.
- Perform wide variety of roles on internal productions.
- Data wrangling and management.
- Manage project media from ingest to archive.
- Editorial – from assisting senior editors to serving as the primary editor.
- Assist with finishing, from prep to delivery.
- Provide motion design support.
- Oversee quality control of all video content.
- Assist in curating and maintaining Uber Vimeo and Youtube channels.
- Help manage and maintain production/post-production equipment.
- Assist producers with asset management & ongoing video requests.
- 2+ years of experience working in a production role in a similar marketing environment or company.
- Portfolio of creative work that demonstrates strong narrative, cinematography, and editorial skills.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud video and photo apps.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of DSLRs, GoPros and professional cameras including RED, Sony FS7, and Canon C300.
- Experience in production lighting and audio recording/mixing.
- Deep knowledge of emergent trends and technologies in filmmaking.
- Experience interfacing with producers, product managers and creative teams in all stages of a project.
- Comfortable working at a scrappy start up environment and interfacing with other offices and colleagues remotely.
- Drive, curiosity, problem-solving & an unstoppable desire to tell great stories.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top