Uber is a game-changing company that allows users to request quality, on-demand mobility with the touch of a button on their smartphone. We are in more than 460+ cities worldwide, including 100+ cities across Europe, Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”), with plans to continue expanding our business offering.
We are looking for an ambitious Associate Counsel with experience in a combination of general business law, M&A, buyout private equity and/or IP-IT to join the newly formed EMEA Legal Strategy & Planning Team (“Legal S&P”) as we partner with the business in its strategy for growth. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues from across the Legal department worldwide as well as with the cream of the crop of our business teams in EMEA. You will report to the Legal S&P Director and will be based in Amsterdam.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with our HQ in San Francisco (California) and our central EMEA business teams based in Amsterdam in shaping the next iterations of our business offering as well our next big bold bets across the region.
- Be a true business partner to our business operations teams by providing proactive and cutting-edge legal advice on a variety of areas and matters for the company to stay ahead of the curve and efficiently manage (legal) risk when it comes to strategy and planning.
- Intervene on projects that range from launch of EMEA-wide products to confidential and highly sensitive niche market developments.
- Handle all European Union law related matters affecting the company.
- Research, review and analyze legal risk as applicable to Uber’s business model.
- Work hard but have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3-4 years law firm experience at mid to large size law firm; in-house experience helpful for lawyers having 4-year experience but not required.
- Fluent in English plus in another language; 3+ languages helpful but not required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent business judgment, communication, interpersonal skills, and a crisp writing style.
- Strong interest in expanding scope of your practice to other areas of law.
- 3+1 personal qualities: fierce, creative and engaged + humble!
- Free Uber credits!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Health care package to fit your needs
- Work in the most interesting and challenging legal department and company of modern times!
- We’re not just another social web app: we help real people and assets move around our cities.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top