Associate, Business Development - SEA
As an Associate for Business Development in Southeat Asia, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and work at the intersection of business and government to grow partnerships and directly influence the increased usage of the Uber mobile app among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include supporting/executing key activities that will enable Uber to:
- Create new partnerships that accelerate growth in Uber riders;
- Increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and
- Establish key relationships that increase & consolidate Uber’s presence.
You’ll also work closely with the Uber’s operations, policy, communications and product teams in the Region and San Francisco to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important institutions across Indonesia and/or the region, within business and governmental sectors. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Serve as a key part of the Uber Business team in helping to define the current landscape and drive overall strategy
- Support key activities that define the Uber partnership roadmap for SE Asia including setting a strategic business plans for SE Asia target markets and ensure it’s in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in SE Asia while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. policy, communications, product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Support activities that define and identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A minimum of 2+ years of business development and government relations experience in the region
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging mid to senior level relationships at partner institutions
- MBA or JD from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a telecommunications, financial services, technology company, investment banking and or consulting business.
- Ability to travel extensively within SE Asia.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, policy and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong code of ethics and sound business judgment is a must.
- Understand how to work efficiently and how to influence without exerting direct authority
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top