Assoc Manager, Carrier Sales
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Our Associate Managers of Carrier Sales are responsible for overseeing a team of Carrier Sales representatives. Our teams provide the best service to our carrier partners while pushing for automation. Our managers are here to motivate, train, and coach their teams on carrier development while facilitating career growth and creating paths for long term value. This team is committed to constant improvement and creating a product with lasting value.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the TeamWhat You'll Do
- Oversee a number of representatives within a key coverage region
- Manage and cultivate highly successful and engaged representatives
- Assist and coach reps on developing carrier relationships
- Providing focus on departmental goals and initiatives
- Actively manage the quality of our carrier partners
- Ensure that team is providing coverage for their assigned region on time and at a fair cost
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operations of freight
- Always think about how to do things better, faster, more efficiently
- Coach reps through difficult situations
- Report on core operational and growth metrics within your team and leadership teams
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the transportation industry, or related field with a highly operational sales and/or account management focus
- Minimum of 1 year relevant management or leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work cross functionally within internal teams
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
About Uber Freight
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
On the Uber Freight team, we believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
Back to top